Implant-supported hybrid dentures are a type of dental prosthesis that are supported by dental implants. They are used to replace multiple missing teeth or a full arch of teeth. Proper care and maintenance of your implant-supported hybrid denture are important for their longevity and your oral health. Here are some tips for taking care of your implant-supported hybrid denture:
- Clean your denture daily: Clean your implant-supported hybrid denture daily with a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste. You can also use a denture cleaner that is recommended by your dentist.
- Floss around the implant abutments: Floss around the implant abutments using unwaxed floss or a floss threader to remove any food particles or debris.
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash: Rinse your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash to help kill any bacteria that may be present.
- Avoid hard or sticky foods: Avoid chewing on hard or sticky foods that can damage your denture or the implants.
- Don’t smoke: Smoking can increase the risk of implant failure, so it’s important to quit smoking if you haven’t already.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Regular dental check-ups and cleanings are essential for maintaining good oral health and detecting any issues with your implant-supported hybrid denture early on.
- Protect your denture: If you play sports or grind your teeth at night, talk to your dentist about wearing a mouthguard to protect your denture.
By following these tips and maintaining good oral hygiene practices, you can help ensure the long-term success of your implant-supported hybrid denture. If you notice any issues with your denture, such as discomfort, looseness, or cracking, contact your dentist right away. Early treatment can help prevent more serious problems down the road.