Home care instructions after receiving a Composite Filling (White Filling) at Avon Family and Cosmetic Dentistry:
- Be careful when eating and drinking: Avoid eating or drinking anything for at least one hour after the filling is placed to allow the composite material to set properly. Be careful when biting or chewing on the affected tooth for the next 24 hours.
- Maintain oral hygiene: Brush and floss your teeth carefully around the composite filling to remove any food particles or plaque buildup. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and avoid abrasive toothpaste.
- Use a mouthwash: Rinse your mouth with a fluoride mouthwash to help prevent decay and strengthen the tooth enamel.
- Avoid hard and sticky foods: Avoid eating hard or sticky foods that may cause the filling to come loose or break.
- Wear a nightguard: If you grind or clench your teeth at night, wear a nightguard to protect the filling.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking can cause staining and discoloration of the filling. It is best to avoid smoking during the entire treatment period.
- Report any issues: If you experience any pain, discomfort, or sensitivity around the filling, contact your dentist immediately.
- Attend follow-up appointments: Attend all follow-up appointments with your dentist to monitor the condition of the filling and ensure that there are no complications.
Please call our office at 860.674.0707 should you have any questions.