Home care instructions after receiving a temporary bridge at Avon Family and Cosmetic Dentistry:
- Avoid hard and sticky foods: Do not eat hard, crunchy or sticky foods that may dislodge or damage the temporary bridge. Chew with your back teeth and avoid using the front teeth.
- Maintain oral hygiene: Brush and floss your teeth carefully around the temporary bridge to remove any food particles or plaque buildup. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and avoid abrasive toothpaste.
- Use a water flosser: A water flosser can be helpful in cleaning around the temporary bridge and preventing plaque buildup.
- Wear a nightguard: If you grind or clench your teeth at night, wear a nightguard to protect the temporary bridge.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking can cause staining and discoloration of the temporary bridge. It is best to avoid smoking during the entire treatment period.
- Schedule follow-up appointments: Attend all follow-up appointments with your dentist to monitor the condition of the temporary bridge and ensure that it is still properly secured.
- Report any issues: If you experience any pain, discomfort, or sensitivity around the temporary bridge, contact your dentist immediately.
Following these instructions can help ensure the success of your temporary bridge and prepare you for the placement of your permanent bridge. It is important to follow all post-operative care instructions and attend all follow-up appointments with your dentist for optimal oral health.
Please call our office at 860.674.0707 should you have any questions.