Home care instructions after receiving a temporary crown at Avon Family and Cosmetic Dentistry:
- Avoid sticky and hard foods: Do not eat hard, crunchy, or sticky foods that may dislodge or damage the temporary crown. Chew with your back teeth and avoid using the front teeth.
- Maintain oral hygiene: Brush and floss your teeth carefully around the temporary crown to remove any food particles or plaque buildup. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and avoid abrasive toothpaste.
- Avoid chewing gum: Chewing gum can dislodge the temporary crown, so it is best to avoid it altogether.
- Wear a nightguard: If you grind or clench your teeth at night, wear a nightguard to protect the temporary crown.
- Avoid using teeth to open packaging: Do not use your teeth to open packaging or bottles as this can damage the temporary crown.
- Schedule follow-up appointments: Attend all follow-up appointments with your dentist to monitor the condition of the temporary crown and ensure that it is still properly secured.
- Report any issues: If you experience any pain, discomfort, or sensitivity around the temporary crown, contact your dentist immediately.
Following these instructions can help ensure the success of your temporary crown and prepare you for the placement of your permanent crown. It is important to follow all post-operative care instructions and attend all follow-up appointments with your dentist for optimal oral health.
Please call our office at 860.674.0707 should you have any questions.