Home care instructions after receiving a temporary bridge at Avon Family and Cosmetic Dentistry:
- Maintain oral hygiene: Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. Floss your teeth daily to remove any food particles or plaque buildup.
- Avoid hard and sticky foods: Do not eat hard, crunchy or sticky foods that may damage the crown or cause it to become loose.
- Wear a nightguard: If you grind or clench your teeth at night, wear a nightguard to protect the crown.
- Schedule regular dental checkups: Attend regular dental checkups to ensure the health of your teeth and gums, and to monitor the condition of the crown.
- Report any issues: If you experience any pain, discomfort, or sensitivity around the crown, contact your dentist immediately.
- Maintain good oral habits: Practice good oral habits like eating a balanced diet, avoiding sugary foods, and avoiding smoking or chewing tobacco.
- Follow special instructions: Your dentist may provide special instructions for care of the crown. Follow them carefully to ensure the longevity of the crown.
Please call our office at 860.674.0707 should you have any questions.