Home care instructions after receiving temporary veneers at our office:
- Avoid hard or sticky foods: Do not eat hard, crunchy or sticky foods that may dislodge or damage the temporary veneers. Chew with your back teeth and avoid using the front teeth.
- Maintain oral hygiene: Brush and floss your teeth carefully around the temporary veneers to remove any food particles or plaque buildup. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and avoid abrasive toothpaste.
- Avoid biting on hard objects: Do not bite your nails, pens or any other hard objects that may damage the temporary veneers.
- Wear a nightguard: If you grind or clench your teeth at night, wear a nightguard to protect the temporary veneers.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking can cause staining and discoloration of the temporary veneers. It is best to avoid smoking during the entire treatment period.
- Schedule follow-up appointments: Attend all follow-up appointments with your dentist to monitor the condition of the temporary veneers and ensure that they are still properly secured.
- Report any issues: If you experience any pain, discomfort, or sensitivity around the temporary veneers, contact your dentist immediately.
Please call our office at 860.674.0707 should you have any questions.