All-on-4 dental implants treatment is an advanced and innovative solution for individuals who have lost most or all of their teeth in one or both arches. It provides a permanent and fixed prosthesis supported by just four dental implants strategically placed in the jawbone.
Here’s a step-by-step overview of the All-on-4 dental implants treatment process:
- Initial Consultation: The first step involves scheduling a consultation with a qualified dentist or oral surgeon who specializes in implant dentistry. During this appointment, the dentist will evaluate your oral health, examine your jawbone density and structure, and discuss your treatment goals and expectations.
- Treatment Planning: Using advanced imaging techniques like CT scans and X-rays, the dentist will create a personalized treatment plan tailored to your specific needs. This includes determining the optimal placement of the dental implants for maximum stability and function.
- Implant Placement: On the day of the procedure, the dentist will administer local anesthesia or sedation to ensure your comfort. Then, they will surgically place the four dental implants into the predetermined locations in your jawbone. The implants are strategically positioned to take advantage of the densest areas of the bone for improved stability.
- Temporary Prosthesis: After implant placement, a temporary prosthesis (often called an immediate or provisional prosthesis) is attached to the implants, providing you with a functional set of teeth while your implants heal. This temporary prosthesis allows you to eat, speak, and smile normally during the healing period.
- Osseointegration: Over the next few months, the dental implants undergo a process called osseointegration, where they integrate and fuse with the surrounding bone. This provides a strong foundation for the final prosthesis.
- Final Prosthesis Placement: Once the implants have fully integrated with the bone, the temporary prosthesis is replaced with a custom-designed, permanent prosthesis. This final prosthesis is meticulously crafted to resemble natural teeth in terms of appearance, function, and aesthetics.
- Follow-up Care: Regular follow-up appointments will be scheduled to monitor your progress, ensure proper healing, and make any necessary adjustments to the prosthesis. Your dentist will provide specific instructions on how to care for your All-on-4 implants to maintain their longevity and oral health.
It’s important to note that the exact treatment process may vary depending on individual cases and the specific techniques used by the dental professional. Therefore, it’s essential to consult with a qualified dentist or oral surgeon to receive personalized advice and guidance regarding your specific treatment plan.
Benefits of All-on-Four Treatment
Faster Treatment Time
Preserves Jawbone and Facial Structure
Faster Treatment Time
Restored Aesthetics and Function
Improved Quality of Life
Simplified Oral Care Routine
Schedule a Consultation
Call (860) 674-0707
Caring for Hybrid Dentures
FAQs about All-on-Four Treatment
All-on-4 differs from traditional dental implants primarily in the number of implants used. While traditional implants require multiple implants to support a full arch of teeth, All-on-4 utilizes only four strategically placed implants per arch.
All-on-4 dental implants are designed to be a long-term solution. With proper care and regular dental check-ups, they can last for many years and even decades. However, individual factors such as oral hygiene, habits, and overall health can affect the longevity of the implants.
Caring for All-on-4 dental implants involves maintaining good oral hygiene practices, including brushing and flossing regularly. It is also important to visit your dentist for routine check-ups and professional cleanings. Your dentist will provide specific instructions on how to care for your implants to ensure their longevity.
The All-on-4 procedure is typically performed under local anesthesia, ensuring that the patient remains comfortable and pain-free during the process. Some patients may experience minor discomfort or soreness after the surgery, which can be managed with prescribed pain medication.
- Fewer implants: All-on-4 requires fewer implants compared to traditional methods, reducing surgical time and cost.
- Faster treatment: The All-on-4 procedure often allows for same-day placement of the prosthesis, allowing patients to leave with a functional set of teeth.
- Improved stability: With the strategic placement of implants, All-on-4 offers excellent stability and support for the prosthesis.
- Reduced need for bone grafting: All-on-4 can often be suitable for individuals with limited bone volume, eliminating the need for bone grafting procedures.
All-on-4 is a dental implant technique used to replace a full arch of missing teeth with a fixed prosthesis supported by four dental implants. It provides a permanent solution for individuals who have lost most or all of their teeth.
Avon Family and Cosmetic Dentistry LLC
No Insurance. No Problem.
Join our membership plan today and save.
Natural Looking Crowns
Inlays and Onlays
Sleep Apnea Treatment