Removeable Complete DenturesSmile Freely, Live Fully: Transform Your smile with Removable Complete Dentures
Removable Complete Dentures
Removable complete dentures are prosthetic dental devices used to replace a person’s missing teeth and surrounding tissues. They are designed to provide functional and aesthetic restoration, allowing individuals to regain their ability to eat, speak, and smile with confidence. Here are some key points about removable complete dentures:
- Construction: Removable complete dentures consist of a flesh-colored acrylic base that mimics the appearance of gums. Artificial teeth, typically made of porcelain or acrylic, are attached to the base. The dentures are custom-made to fit the unique contours of the individual’s mouth.
- Complete Tooth Replacement: These dentures are used when all the natural teeth in the upper or lower arch are missing or need to be extracted. They provide a full set of teeth, allowing for comprehensive restoration of oral function and aesthetics.
- Removability: One of the main advantages of complete dentures is their removability. The wearer can easily take them out for cleaning, maintenance, and during sleep. This feature also allows for convenient adjustments or repairs by a dental professional, if needed.
- Adjustment Period: It may take some time to adjust to wearing complete dentures. Initially, there may be a sensation of fullness, increased salivation, and difficulty speaking or eating. However, with practice and time, most people adapt to wearing dentures comfortably and regain normal oral functions.
- Denture Adhesives: In some cases, denture adhesives can be used to enhance the stability and retention of removable complete dentures. These adhesives create a thin layer between the denture and the gums, providing additional support and reducing the chances of slippage.
- Proper Care: Proper care and maintenance are essential for the longevity and hygiene of removable complete dentures. They should be cleaned daily using a soft-bristle brush and non-abrasive denture cleaner. Soaking the dentures in a denture-cleaning solution overnight helps to keep them clean and moist.
- Regular Dental Check-ups: Even with complete dentures, regular dental check-ups are important. Your dentist will examine the condition of your dentures, ensure a proper fit, and check the overall health of your oral tissues. Adjustments or relining may be necessary over time to maintain optimal comfort and function.
It’s important to consult with a dental professional to determine if removable complete dentures are the right solution for your specific oral condition. Our office can provide personalized guidance, ensure proper fitting, and offer comprehensive care throughout the denture-wearing journey. You can schedule your initial consultation by calling 860.674.0707.
The fabrication process of removable complete denture fabrication involved several steps to ensure custom fit and optimal function. Here are the general steps involved:
Initial Consultation and Examination
The first step is a consultation with a dental professional. They will evaluate your oral health, take necessary measurements, and discuss your expectations and desired outcomes. X-rays, impressions, and other diagnostic tests may be taken during this stage.
Accurate impressions of your oral tissues are crucial for creating well-fitting dentures. Dental impressions are taken using trays filled with a dental impression material. These impressions capture the contours of your gums, supporting tissues, and any remaining teeth.
Bite registration records the relationship between your upper and lower jaws. It helps determine the correct positioning and alignment of the artificial teeth. You will be asked to bite into a wax or silicone material to record your bite accurately.
Denture Design and Wax Try-In
Using the impressions, bite registration, and other measurements, a dental laboratory will design the denture. A wax model is created to simulate the appearance and arrangement of the artificial teeth. This allows you and your dentist to preview and make any necessary adjustments before the final denture is fabricated.
Final Denture Fabrication
Once the design and fit are confirmed during the wax try-in, the dental laboratory fabricates the final denture. The acrylic base is custom-made to match the shape and color of your gums, and the artificial teeth are securely attached to the base.
Insertion and Adjustment
When your final dentures are ready, you will have an appointment with your dentist for their insertion. The dentist will ensure that the dentures fit properly, make any necessary adjustments to ensure proper bite alignment and comfort, and provide instructions on denture care and maintenance.
After receiving your dentures, you may need follow-up appointments with your dentist for any necessary adjustments or fine-tuning. This is important to address any discomfort or issues that may arise during the adjustment period.
Ongoing Care and Maintenance
Regular dental check-ups are essential to monitor the fit and condition of your dentures. Your dentist will evaluate your oral health, assess the fit of your dentures, and provide professional cleaning and maintenance as needed. Over time, adjustments or denture relining may be required to maintain optimal fit and function.
It’s important to note that the exact steps and procedures involved in denture fabrication may vary depending on individual needs and the specific techniques used by the dental professional or laboratory. Therefore, it’s best to consult with your dentist or prosthodontist for detailed information and guidance throughout the denture fabrication process.
Benefits of Dentures
Supports facial structures
Affordable tooth replacement option
Reversible and non-invasive
Schedule a Consultation
Call (860) 674-0707
Removable Complete Denture
Fixed hybrid dentures
FAQs about Dentures
Avon Family and Cosmetic Dentistry LLC
No Insurance. No Problem.
Join our membership plan today and save.
Natural Looking Crowns
Inlays and Onlays
Sleep Apnea Treatment